Last modified: October 30, 2016
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to JOIO|US so whether you are new to JOIO|US or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, our services ask you to sign up for a JOIO|US Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, which is the telephone number only to store with your account. Further, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible JOIO|US Profile, which may include your nickname and profile photo. Both is not mandatory and only convenient in case your contacts did not enter their own nickname and picture for you.
- In case you skip the verification of your phonenumber during registration you are not able to access online features. You may add and change the phone number later
- On top you may have the option to verify your personal security emailadress which is used after theft or lost phone to lock or transfer the account. Also the JOIO|US support will only communicate via that security email account for your personal request.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you interact with other users to for instance calculate the “Trustscore”. This information includes:
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by JOIO|US, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your postings.
- IP addresses
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your JOIO|US Account.
- Location information
When you use JOIO|US services, we will not use further location information
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a JOIO|US service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
- Contactdata, such as data which helps to identify yourself or to contact you and contactdata of persons you transmit to JOIO|US (like for services as gift)
This data includes: Pictures, Nicknames, Name , Address, telephonenumbers, Emailaddresses, Usernames, Passwords, Birthday, sex, preferred language, delivery address and further contact data we get from you depending on service.
Information we collect when you are signed in to JOIO|US, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your JOIO|US Account. When information is associated with your JOIO|US Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect JOIO|US and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like calculating trustscore, offering new JOIO Services or optimizing content.
Our automated systems analyze your content to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored JOIO|US services, and spam and malware detection.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other JOIO|US services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know.
JOIO|US processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems until our monthly delete tasks finally remove it.
Expired data (articles with expired content) cannot be retrieved by the user.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of JOIO|US unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of JOIO|US when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. When subscribing to JOIO services of partner companies such opt-in is granted automatically.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of JOIO|US if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of JOIO|US, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect JOIO|US and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to JOIO|US employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.